Friday, December 11, 2009

AC/Heater Fan in 2002 Jetta GLS Wagon

Curtis in DC asked:
My question is this: the air conditioning/heater fan of my 2002 Jetta Wagon will only work when it's turned all the way to 4 (full blast). Is this something I can fix myself with the help of my local auto part shop?

Leon (Transmission Exchange replied:
There is a resistor that goes bad and then you only have high fan.
Resistor 1J0819022A
$90.00
That's the part number and approximate cost.

2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS Wagon L4-2.0L (AZG)
Vehicle Level Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Motor Resistor Locations
Notes
N24 - Fresh Air Blower Series Resistance With Fuse forward of glove box, beneath fresh air blower -V2-

2 comments:

ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
curtis said...

Thanks Leon- this is just the first of many questions I'll have.